一分钟英语 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!A lot of American English idioms refer to parts of the body. Get off on the wrong foot
许多美式英语习语都和身体的某些部分有关。一开始就不顺利Are Anna and Jonathan having trouble learning a dance?
难道安娜和乔纳森跳舞遇到困难了吗?
How did it go meeting your girlfriend's family?
昨天和女朋友家人的见面怎么样呢?was interesting. First, I was really late…
嗯……挺有意思的。首先,我迟到了……Oh, Jonathan! Yeah. And then, at dinner, I spilled my water all over her mom.
啊,乔纳森!是的。然后吃晚餐时,我把水全洒在了她妈妈身上。Jonathan, it sounds like you got off on the wrong foot.
乔纳森,听起来你刚开始不是很顺利。I haven't even gotten to the worst part…
我还没有说最糟糕的部分。If you "get off on the wrong foot," you start something new in a bad way.
如果你“一开始就不顺利”,表示你以一种糟糕的方式开始某件事。Sometimes it is because of a mistake you made.
有时也是因为你犯了错误。You can also "get off on the right foot" if things go well at the start of a new project or relationship!
你也可以“一开始就很顺利”,如果某个新的项目或关系在开始就进展地很好!And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!