当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语练习小对话 > 英语口语练习小对话 第55期:满腔怒火

英语口语练习小对话 第55期:满腔怒火

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.92W 次

迷你对话:

英语口语练习小对话 第55期:满腔怒火

A:What do you think of the plan for the new airport near here?

你觉得在这里附近建机场怎样?

B:Perhaps they should give it a second thought. The residents are getting up in arms about it.

也许我们得慎重考虑一下。这儿的居民对此非常气愤。

A:I think they will.

我想他们会的。

习语解说:

复数形式arms指“武器,兵器”,短语be up in arms意即“起来进行武装斗争,竭力反对”,比喻“激烈反抗”“强烈反抗”“强烈抗议”“满腔怒火” 等,其后接介词about或者是over。

支持范例:

e is no need to get up in arms over such a trifle.

用不着为了这么一点小事动火。

soon as they heard the news, the Ford dealers were up in arms.

福特公司的承销商一听到这个消息,就起来反抗了。

is up in arms because you used his car without asking for his permission.

你未经允许就用了了爸爸的汽车,这使他大为恼火。

ick was up in arms when he heard that his wife had been carrying on a clandestine love affair.

当帕特里克听说他妻子在偷情时,十分恼怒。

whole village be up in arms about the proposal to build an airport nearby.

全村强烈反对在附近修建机场的计划。

词海拾贝:

give sth a second thought:三思,再度考虑

idea was preposterous and I determined not to give it a second thought.

这个想法太荒谬了,我决心不再想它了。

had batter give the matter a second thought.

你最好再想一想这件事。

初级句型:

What do you think of...?

你认为......如何?

Dialogue:

A:What do you think of this novel?

你觉得这部小说如何?

B:Not too bad.

还凑合。

do you think of the old saying: "Spare the rod, spoil the child."?

你对"孩子不打不成器"这句老话怎么看?

do you think of the Prime Minister's address to the nation ?

你认为首相对全国所作的演说如何?