当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语小故事 > 英语寓言故事小短文

英语寓言故事小短文

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.58W 次

一些有趣的英语故事,能提高少儿阅读英语的兴趣,从而提高英语的阅读能力,今天本站小编在这里为大家分享一些英语寓言故事小短文,欢迎大家阅读!

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">英语寓言故事小短文
  英语寓言故事小短文篇1

不合时尚

In the past, there was a married couple in the State of Lu.

从前,鲁国有这么一对夫妇。

The husband was a shoemaker who made very good shoes.

丈夫是一个鞋匠,鞋子做得很好。

The wife was a good hand at weaving silk.

妻子是一个织绢能手。

One day, the couple decided to go to the State of Yue to make a living.

一天,这两口子商量决定,去越国谋生。

When this news spread around, one man tried to dissuade them:"You had better not go.

这消息一传开,就有一个人去劝他们说:“还是不要去吧。

If you go to the State of Yue to make a living, that would be too bad.

如果你们到越国去谋生,那可糟了。

Over there, you certainly cannot make a living!"

在那里,你们一定会无法生活下去的!”

The couple asked in surprise:"We don't understand what you mean.

他俩奇怪地问:“我们不懂你说的意思!

Each of us has superb craftsmanship.

我们各人有一门手艺。

How is it possible that we couldn't make a living? Don't talk nonsense!"

怎么会生活不了呢?别胡说了!”

Thereupon, the man said to them:"Right. You indeed have superb craftsmanship.

于是,那人对他俩说:“对呀,你们手艺的确很好。

But you probably don't know the situation.

不过你们大概不了解情况吧!

You make shoes for people to wear, but the people in the State of Yue like to go barefooted and do not wear shoes;

你们做了鞋子,原来是给人穿的,可是越国人喜欢赤脚,不穿鞋子,

you weave silk to make hats, but the people there like to have their hair hanging down and do not wear hats.

你们织的丝绢,原来是做帽子用的,可是越国人喜欢披着头发,不戴帽子。

Then, how can you sell the shoes and hats you make?

那么,你们做的鞋子、帽子,怎么卖得出去呢?

Though you are highly skilled, your manual skills are of no use over there.

你们的技艺虽然很高,可是在那里却用不上。

Then how can you make a living?"

到那时候,看你们怎么生活。”

After hearing this, the husband and wife saw the light:

这对夫妻听后,恍然大悟:

"Oh, so our way of thinking is against the current fashion."

“噢,原来我们的想法不合时尚啊!”

  英语寓言故事小短文篇2

宋人献玉

There was a man of the State of Song who liked to curry favour with others.

宋国有一个人,喜欢奉承别人。

One day, he got a piece of uncarved jade and went to present it to Zi Han, a minister of theState of Song,

有一天,他得到了一块未经雕琢的玉石,便去献给宋国大臣子罕,

with the intention to ingratiate himself with the official.

想讨好一番。

Zi Han adamantly refused to accept it.

子罕执意不受。

Thereupon, this man said in honeyed words:"This is a piece of rare jade.

于是,那人便花言巧语地说:“这是一块珍奇的玉石啊!

I regard it as a treasure suitable for a gentleman's utensil.

我把它当做宝贝,适宜于做君子的器皿。

If it gets into the hands of an old gentleman like you, to be worn by you or put on your diningtable, that would be most suitable and fitting.

要是落在老先生你的手中,挂在你的身上,放在你的餐桌上,是最相称、最适合的。

I am an unrefined man, not deserving such a valuable treasure."

我是一个粗人,不配使用这种贵重的宝物。”

"You may regard this piece of jade as a treasure," said Zi Han, "

子罕回答说:“你把这块玉石当做宝贝,

but I do not accept other's fawning, nor do I regard this kind of conduct a treasure."

我却不接受别人巴结奉承,并且不把这种行为当做宝贝。”

The man of Song felt he had asked for a snub and sneaked away.

那个宋国人自讨没趣,溜了。

  英语寓言故事小短文篇3

相辅相成

In the past, a man bragged about his bow: "There is no bow better than mine. Itdoesn't need any arrow!"

从前,有个人自夸他的弓,说:“我的弓嘛,没有比这更好的了,好得不需要用什么箭的!”

Another man bragged about his arrow:"There is no arrow better than mine. It doesn't need anybow!"

也有人在自夸他的箭,说:“我的箭,没有比这更好的了,好得用不着什么弓了!”

At that time, a man good at archery happened to pass by and heard their dialogue.

这时候,恰好有一个会射箭的人从他们身边走过,听到他们的这段对话。

He said:"You are both wrong.

就说:“你们两人的话都不对。

One cannot shoot an arrow without a bow; and without an arrow, how can one hit the target?"

没有弓,发不出箭;没有箭,怎么能射中目标呢?”

Thereupon, the man good at archery asked them to take out their bow and arrow.

说完后,会射箭的人还叫他们把弓和箭都拿出来。

Then he showed them how to shoot at the target with a bow and an arrow.

射箭给他们看。

Now they understood: A bow won't do without an arrow; nor an arrow without a bow.

他们这才明白:弓不能离开箭,箭也离不开弓。

They complement each other.

两者相辅相成。 


猜你喜欢:

1.经典的英语寓言故事小短文

2.英语寓言故事小短文阅读

3.英语寓言故事小短文欣赏

4.关于英语寓言故事短文

5.英语寓言故事小短文

6.英语寓言小故事欣赏