The english we speak(BBC教学)第157期:Chillax 冷静
Wang Fei: (Screaming) Ahhh!!
王飞(尖叫)啊!Finn: Wang Fei, are you ok?
芬恩:王飞,你还好吗?Wang Fei: (Screaming) No, no. Ahhh!!
王飞:(尖叫)不,不好。啊!
Finn: What's wrong? What's wrong?
芬恩:怎么了?出什么事了?Wang Fei: There's a big, green spider in the studio!
王飞:演播室里有一只巨大的绿色蜘蛛!Finn: A spider? Oh, it's only a spider. Chillax!
芬恩:一只蜘蛛?哦,那只是只蜘蛛,冷静!Wang Fei: Chillax?!
王飞:Chillax?!Finn: Yes, chillax. I'll get the spider... Now, hold on... Got it. Feel better?
芬恩:对,冷静。我会处理这只蜘蛛的……现在,等等……解决了。感觉好些了吗?Wang Fei: Thanks, yes, much better. So Finn, what was that word you just said?
王飞:谢谢你,感觉好多了。芬恩,刚刚你说的那个词是什么意思?Finn: Chillax. It's a combination of two words. Can you guess them?
芬恩:Chillax,这是由两个单词组合而来。你能猜到是哪两个词吗?Wang Fei: Chill... and... relax?
王飞:Chill和relax吗?Finn: Chill and relax, yes. It means the same as chill or chill out or relax. So just now I told you to chillax, which means don't worry, relax.
芬恩:没错,就是chill和relax。意思就类似冷静或是放松。刚才我让你冷静,意思就是别担心,放松。Wang Fei: Oh, I understand. So if I tell somebody to chillax it means, basically, to relax or to calm down?
王飞:哦,我明白了。如果我跟某个人说chillax就是让他放松或是冷静下来?Finn: That's right. That's one way we can use it. For example:
芬恩:没错。这是我们应用这个短语的一种方式。比如:I'm so worried about going on my first date with Steven!
我很担心和史蒂文的第一次约会。Chillax, it'll be ok. I'm sure you'll have a nice time.
放松下来,会没问题的。我确定你会度过愉快时光的。Finn: You could also just say, I want to chillax or I'm chillaxing.
芬恩:你也可以说,我想放松一下。Wang Fei: Chillaxing.
王飞:放松。What are you doing tonight?
你今晚做什么?Nothing special, just going to chillax at home.
没什么特别的,就只是在家放松。Wang Fei: So does chillax mean exactly the same as chill out and relax?
王飞:那chillax和冷静还有放松的意思完全相同吗?Finn: Well the meaning is the same, but chillax is a newer expression, so you probably won't hear it as much.
芬恩:意思是相同的,不过chillax是一种更新潮的表达方式,所以可能你听到的并不多。Wang Fei: Great. So by the way Finn, where did you put that spider?
王飞:太棒了。对了,芬恩,你把蜘蛛放哪里了?Finn: The spider?
芬恩:蜘蛛?Wang Fei: Yes, the big, green spider.
王飞:对,那只巨大的绿色蜘蛛。Finn: Oh, the spider. I can't remember. I think I left it on the desk.
芬恩:哦,那只蜘蛛。我不记得了。我想我把它放在桌子上了。Wang Fei: Really? Then what is that big, green thing climbing up your neck?
王飞:真的吗?那在你脖子上爬的那个巨大的绿色物体是什么?Finn: Eh? What? Ahhh!!
芬恩:呃?什么?啊!Wang Fei: Ha ha. Finn, chillax! I was just kidding.
王飞:哈哈,芬恩,放松!我只是开玩笑的。Finn: Very funny Wang Fei. Bye for now.
芬恩:太有趣了,王飞。现在该说再见了。Wang Fei: Bye.
王飞:再见。重点讲解:
1. a combination of
结合;联合;混合;
eg. Good consulting is a combination of detective work, counseling, and in-depth industry knowledge. "
好的顾问结合了侦探工作、咨询服务和深入的行业知识。
eg. Keeping fit requires a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.
将健康的饮食习惯和经常性的锻炼二者结合才可以让身体保持健康。
2. the same as
与…相似;与…一样;
eg. He just wanted the war to end, the same as Wally did.
他只不过希望战争结束,和沃利想的一样。
eg. Driving a boat is not the same as driving a car.
驾船和开车不是一回事。
3. chill out
(疲劳、紧张过后)放松,松弛;
eg. After raves, we used to chill out in each others' bedrooms.
以前每次狂欢派对过后,我们都会到彼此的卧室去放松一下。
eg. If you lead a stressful life, try to chill out by relaxing with friends after work.
如果你生活在压力之中,通过工作之余与朋友的放松来使自己冷静下来。