当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第235期:Mexico 墨西哥

美语情景对话 第235期:Mexico 墨西哥

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.71W 次

Todd: So, Adrienne, you said you lived in Mexico for awhile?

托德:艾德丽安,你说你曾在墨西哥住过一段时间?

Adrienne: Mm, I studied there.

艾德丽安:嗯,我在那儿学习。

Todd: Really! You studied in Mexico?

托德:真的吗!你在墨西哥学习?

Adrienne: I did. I studied Spanish.

艾德丽安:对。在那里学习西班牙语。

Todd: Wow, so what was it like being a student in Mexico?

托德:哇,那在墨西哥上学感觉怎么样?

Adrienne: Ah, it was interesting. The weather was really hot the entire time I was there. Um, and it was very confusing, cause I didn't know the language very well when I first arrived but I learned quickly because I was living in the situation every day where I had to use language so that was really helpful in the end.

艾德丽安:嗯,很有趣。我在那儿的时候,那的天气一直都很炎热。嗯,其实当时很困惑,因为我刚到那里的时候西班牙语不好,不过我学得很快,毕竟我生活在西班牙语的环境中,每天都要用到,所以对学习语言非常有帮助。

Todd: So, what were the people like? What was the city like?

托德:那里的人怎么样?城市怎么样?

Adrienne: The city was small. 1 million people, and that's pretty small. The architecture is very colonial style. It's interesting. Very beautiful, old, a lot of wood and stone and the food was great. Very spicy.

艾德丽安:城市非常小。有1百万人口,非常小。那里的建筑是典型的殖民地风格。这很有趣。建筑是老式的,非常漂亮,是用木石筑成的,那里的食物非常棒。特别辣。

Todd: Mexican food's the best.

托德:墨西哥食物非常好。

Adrienne: I think so too.

艾德丽安:我也喜欢那里的食物。

Todd: Yeah, and the people?

托德:那那里的人呢?

Adrienne: The people are really friendly, really, really friendly. Big families and they're always inviting you over for dinner, lunch and breakfast, and tea and coffee and chocolate and it's really, it's really a very familial environment.

艾德丽安:人们非常友善,真的非常友善。他们家庭成员众多,而且他们会经常邀请你过去吃晚餐,午餐、早餐,还有喝茶、喝咖啡、享用巧克力,家庭氛围非常浓厚。

Todd: What was your favorite place in Mexico?

托德:墨西哥你最喜欢的地方是哪里?

Adrienne: My favorite place, still, is a town called Cholula. It's a very small town. That has a pyramid, and Aztec pyramid with a cathedral on top of it and it has views of the mountains, the volcano and, um, just beautiful landscape all around. It's a great place to watch the sunset.

艾德丽安:我最喜欢的地方是叫作乔卢拉的小镇。那是一座非常小的城镇。那里有金字塔,阿兹特克金字塔,顶部有一座天主教教堂,那里能看到山脉,火山,周围的景色非常漂亮。那是一个看日落的好地方。

Todd: What volcano?

托德:什么火山?

Adrienne: Po! They call it Popo, but the full name I think is Popocatepetl. It's an Aztec name.

艾德丽安:波!他们称之为波波,我想全名应该是波波卡特佩特火山。是一个阿兹特克名字。

Todd: Oh, sounds like a nice place.

托德:哦,听上去是个不错的地方。

Adrienne: It's beautiful.

艾德丽安:非常美。

Todd: Any plans to go back to Mexico soon?

托德:你有回墨西哥的计划吗?

Adrienne: Of course. I always want to go back but whether I actually make it in the next year or two, I don't know.

艾德丽安:当然了。我一直想回去,不知道我明年或者后年能否做到。

美语情景对话 第235期:Mexico 墨西哥

重点讲解:
1. in the end
最后;终于;
eg. I toyed with the idea of calling the police, but in the end I didn't.
我拿不定主意是否报警,但最后还是没报。
eg. Benny thought the president was sincere and sensitive, but, in the end, that's not what counts.
本尼认为总统很诚恳,会体谅人,但归根结底那些都没有用。
eg. In the end, things will mend.
[谚]车到山前必有路。
2. make it
成功达到预定目标;做到;
eg. You're brave and courageous. You can make it.
你勇敢无畏,一定会获得成功。
eg. Promise more, if do not make it, it has only been a lie.
承诺再多,若都做不到。那也只不过还是谎言
eg. He poured in every ounce of power but couldn't make it.
他竭尽了全力却无济于事。