当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语小故事 > 简单英语寓言故事

简单英语寓言故事

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.91W 次

大多数学生对听故事、讲故事非常感兴趣,英语故事是学生喜欢的学习材料。在一定条件下,通过讲故事、表演故事等形式,能激发学生学习英语的兴趣,从而提高课堂教学的效率。本站小编整理了简单英语寓言故事,欢迎阅读!

简单英语寓言故事
  简单英语寓言故事篇一

斑鸿说袅

One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest.

一天,猫头鹰一个劲儿地向东方飞去,飞得精疲力尽,停在树林里休息。

It happened that a turtledove was also resting there.

一只斑鸿恰巧也在那里休息。

Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked: "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

听见猫头鹰呼味呼味地喘气,就对猫头鹰说: “你这样急急忙忙地赶路,去哪儿呀?”

The owl said: "I am moving to the east."

猫头鹰说: “我想到东方去住。”

The turtledove asked closely: “Why?”

斑鸡追问: “为什么?”

The owl said: "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer.

猫头鹰说:“西边的人,都说我叫的声音很难听,都讨厌我。在那儿我住不下去了。

I must move to a new place."

非换个地方不可!”

The turtledove said: "Can you solve your problem by changing a place?

斑鸿说: “难道换个地方就可以解决问题吗?

In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都没有用!”

The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise: "Can you forecast the future?"

猫头鹰觉得斑坞的话太气人,便惊奇地问: “你能未卜先知?”

The turtledove said: "This is very simple.

斑鸡说:“这很简单。

If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

如果你不改变你的叫声,那么东边的人也一样会讨厌你的!”

  简单英语寓言故事篇二

螳螂捕蝉

Once, the King of the State of Wu wanted to invade the State of Chu.

一次,吴王要进攻楚国。

The King of Wu warned his ministers: "If anyone should dare to dissuade me from invadingChu again, I will put him to death."

吴王警告他的大臣们说: “有谁再敢来劝阻我进攻楚国,我就处死他。”

One young hanger-on of his wanted to dissuade him but didn't dare.

吴王的门客中有一个年青人,想去劝阻但又不敢。

He carried a slingshot, and for three consecutive days paced up and down in the King's backgarden.

他怀里揣着弹弓,一连三个早晨在吴工的后花园里徘徊。

The dew wetted his clothes all through.

露水湿透了他的衣服。

One day, the King of Wu called him:"The dew has wetted your clothes to such a state.

一天,吴王叫住他:“露水把你的衣服湿成这个样子。

Why should you bear such hardship?"

你何必吃这个苦呢?”

The young man replied: "There is a cicada on a tree in this garden.

年青人回答说: “这个园子里,有一棵树,树上有一只蝉。

The cicada is high above, chirping leisurely and taking in the dew freely, not knowing that amantis is right behind it.

蝉高高在上,悠闲地叫着,自由自在地吸着露水,却不知道有一只蝗螂在它身后呢!

The mantis, pressing its body close in a concealed place, is intent on catching the cicada, notknowing that a siskin is hiding right behind it.

蝗螂把身子紧紧地贴在隐蔽的地方,只想去捕蝉,却不知道有一只黄雀早已躲在它的身后呢!

The siskin is stretching out its neck to peck at the mantis, not knowing that a man carrying aslingshot is under it.

黄雀正伸长了脖子想去啄蝗螂,却不知道在它下面正有人拿着弹弓呢!

These three small creatures make every effort only to get the benefit before them but ignoreentirely the disaster behind."

这三只小生物,只是力求得到它们眼前的利益,却全不管它们身后隐伏着祸患啊!”

Having heard the young man's words, the King of Wu suddenly saw the light and said: "Whatyou said is right!"

吴王听了年青人的话后,恍然大悟说: “你说得好啊!”

Consequently, the King of Wu dropped his plan to invade the State of Chu.

于是,吴王就不再进攻楚国了。

  简单英语寓言故事篇三

远走高飞

Tian Rao had served Ai Gong, King of the State of Lu, for many years, but he was neverappointed to any important position.

田饶虽然服侍鲁哀公多年,但是仍然没有受到重用。

One day, Tian Rao said to Ai Gong of Lu: "I am going to leave Your Majesty, and fly high and farto distant places like the swan goose."

有一天,田饶对鲁哀公说: “我要离开大王,像鸿雁那样远走高飞。”

"What do you mean?" asked Ai Gong.

鲁哀公说:“你这是什么意思?”

Tian Rao replied: "Haven't Your Majesty seen a rooster before?

田饶回答说:“大王难道没有见过雄鸡吗?

It has a red cockscomb on its head and looks very elegant.

它头上戴着红冠,非常文雅。

It has sharp claws on its feet and is of martial bearing.

脚上有锋利的爪子,格外英武。

When facing enemies, it is very brave and vigorous and fights to the bitter end.

面对敌人敢打敢拼,十分勇猛。

When it fords food, it will call its pals to enjoy together, and is very kind.

看见食物就呼唤同伴一道享用,多么仁义。

It keeps watch during the night and crows at dawn, never bungles matters and is very honest.

晚上守夜,黎明报晓,从来不会误事,极其诚实!

Though the rooster has these five merits, Your Majesty still order your subordinates to cook itfor food.

雄鸡虽然有这五种长处,可是大王还是命令手下人把它煮了吃。

Why is that so? Because it is near to Your Majesty."

为什么会这样呢?因为它就在大王身边啊!”

Tian Rao paused and then continued: "As to the swan goose, its one flight covers I,000 li.

田饶顿了顿,接着说: “至于那鸿雁,一飞就是千里。

Sometimes it stops by Your Majesty's pools, and eats your fish and soft-shelled turtles.

有时停在大王的水池边,吃大王的鱼鳖。

Sometimes it stops in Your Majesty's fields and pecks your beans and grains.

有时停在大王的田园里,啄大王的豆类和谷物。

Though it does not have the merits of the rooster, Your Majesty still regard it highly because itis far away from you.

尽管它没有雄鸡的长处,可是大王还是很器重它。

Therefore, please permit me to fly high and far to distant places like the swan goose."

这是因为它离大王远啊,所以请允许我也像鸿雁一样远走高飞了吧!”


看了“简单英语寓言故事”的人还看了:

1.英语寓言故事带翻译简短

2.简短英文寓言故事

3.简单的英语寓言故事精选

4.简短的英语寓言故事

5.英语简单寓言小故事

6.励志简短英语寓言小故事